Chalet Host Couple Position
White Horizons are looking to recruit a chalet host couple (or two friends) to run a 12-person catered ski chalet in Tignes, France, from early December 2023 to late April 2024. You must both be competent, hard working and outgoing, with a passion for hospitality.
We offer good levels of service to our guests and are looking for motivated people to become a part of our team to deliver this. We strive to provide an amazing winter experience for our staff, and pride ourselves on looking after you with a professional and supportive organisational culture, a great package and good quality accommodation.
Outline of Responsibilities
- Welcome chalet guests in a warm and professional manner at all times and consistently throughout the season.
- Prepare, cook and serve food and drinks as defined during pre-season training and following our set menu, ensuring meals are presented on time, well cooked, in appropriate portions and looking great.
- Liaise with guests proactively to ensure they are enjoying their holiday. Be knowledgeable about your chalet and the resort. Deal with any issues or complaints calmly, immediately, competently and professionally offering a solution as quickly as possible.
- Kitchen and store management (cleaning and organisation). Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Hygiene legislation at all times, completing the necessary records.
- Ensure effective purchasing, portion and wastage control and stock control (maintain the correct levels of stock and appropriate storage of food, wine, cleaning supplies and wood) in line with budget.
- Apply conscientious practices for efficient energy management (use of electricity, heating, water, washing machines and dryers) and recycling and waste disposal.
- Adhere to daily and weekly cleaning schedules. Conduct daily housekeeping of the rooms, bathrooms and communal areas to a high standard of cleanliness. Conduct a thorough clean of the entire chalet on transfer days to a very high standard. Manage chalet linen and towel stock.
- Ensure snow is cleared from paths, steps and balconies so that access to all areas is safe at all times.
- Maintain the hot tub and compete the necessary records to ensure compliance with legislation (training will be provided).
- Maintenance: Carrying out any non-skilled/non-qualified maintenance and minor repairs in the chalet such as changing light bulbs. Record and report maintenance issues and breakages in a timely manner.
- Comply with all legislation, company policies and procedures as set out during training. Adhere to Food Safety & Hygiene legislation, Health & Safety policy and Fire regulations at all times and ensure the necessary records are completed
- French CDD contract - competitive salary
- Holiday pay
- 1.5 days off per week
- Meals during working hours
- Winter Sports insurance (Carre Neige)
- Ski/snowboard equipment rental
- Company can purchase a season ski pass on your behalf, to be repaid monthly by deduction from wages
- Access to local accommodation within walking distance of your chalet
- Applicants must have a EU passport or for non-Eu passport holders, hold a valid French Carte De Sejour
- Hospitality and customer service experience (ideally experience of working a winter ski season)
- Previous cooking experience (formal qualifications not required)
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible, hands-on and proactive approach
White Horizons is an independent ski chalet company based in Tignes, France. Operating in Tignes for 18 winters, we offer well located, comfortable, stylish and clean accommodation, a warm welcome and delicious hearty home cooked food. Our carefully selected friendly and professional chalet hosts complete the holiday experience for our guests.
We take recruitment very seriously because we understand how important each team member is to the enjoyment of our guests' holidays. We understand that skiing and snowboarding is more often than not the driving force behind people working a winter season - if you work hard with enthusiasm and dedication you will get plenty of time to enjoy the mountain.
If you believe you are strong candidates, make an application today - we look forward to hearing from you!