Hello! We are looking for a fantastic Chalet Chef to join the Jack & Jill team this winter 2023/24.
The role of a Chalet Chef is very varied and requires you to think on your feet in challenging situations. You need to be committed to ensuring excellent customer service, paying a genuine interest in our guests to make sure they have the best possible holiday at Jack & Jill.
We know that a happy team means happy guests so we make sure all our team are well looked after, stay positive and enthusiastic and get lots of time on the mountain.
We are looking for a professional chef who can work independently in an open kitchen in front of customers. You must be committed to excellent customer service, taking a genuine interest in our customers to ensure they have the best holiday possible at Jack & Jill. You will be responsible for the creation of the menus and you will have to modify them according to the requests and diets of the customers. You will be serving breakfast and evening service five days a week, as well as creating a cake to leave for guests in the afternoon. You are responsible for managing your kitchen and serving meals in the chalet (this includes budgeting, planning and cooking). You must be highly motivated, committed and enthusiastic about your work.
- Preparing and serving breakfast, afternoon cake, canapés and a 4-course meal for guests 5 days of the week (that means 2 nights off!)
- Weekly shop.
- Planning, budgeting and managing all aspects of the kitchen.
- Each week you will be required to participate in the cleaning of the chalet for the arrival of new holidaymakers.
- Answer questions and offer information to your guests, being as helpful as possible so that they can take advantage of the various local activities.
- Lovely accommodation
- Full area lift pass (Portes du Soleil)
- Ski / Snowboard hire
- Monthly wage
- 2 days off a week
- In house training & company uniform
- Contribution to travel to / from Morzine
- Lots of perks during the season (ski days away, mountain lunches, nights in a refuge, snowshoeing, dinner out etc...)
This is a demanding position that requires a lot of energy and attention to detail. You must demonstrate a positive and proactive approach. You must be committed and work well under stress, as part of a team. The role is demanding but extremely rewarding. You must be confident, flexible, presentable and calm at all times. If you are enthusiastic, hardworking and conscientious we’d love to hear from you!
** TO APPLY : Please send your CV, a recent photo & a 6 day example menu that you can comfortably prepare and serve (starter, main & dessert) **
Mary & Jamie.