JOB ROLE SUMMARY
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, he / she is responsible for the overall management and coordination of our Bar and Restaurants with their respective teams of staff.
Our restaurant will be serving breakfast and dinner to our 80 resident guests 6 days a week and our bar and take away pizza restaurant will be open to the public for lunch service 7 days a week
Our Front of House Manager will assist with the ordering of food and beverages, together with our Head Chef, for our hotel in Les Bruyères.
Working with their bar & restaurant supervisors and bar and restaurant team, he / she will also lead by example and will work in the Restaurants and Bar when needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Oversee the smooth delivery of food and drink from the kitchen / bar to the table and then back to the kitchen / bar.
- Train, oversee and manage the Bar and Restaurant members of staff
- Work closely with the Hotel manager and Head Chef to plan, forecast and execute food and beverage orders
- Check food and beverage supplies and in conjunction with the Head Chef place orders when needed
- Communicate and build strong relationships with our supplier
- Adhere to food, health and safety standards including an awareness of food allergies and the management of this in a fast paced environment
- Oversee and supervise the welcoming of customers
- Always strive towards an exceptional customer experience
- Cover supervisory responsibilities where needed
- Pastoral care of the team
- Ensure the restaurant & bar area are clean, organised & ready to go at all times.
- Experience working towards financial targets and a desire to exceed targets set
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Experience in managing food and beverage teams in a high pressure environment or similar role
- Previous experience of stock control desirable but not essential
- Customer oriented approach
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- French speaker essential
- Previous tour operator experience a plus