Are you a passionate, creative and driven Sous Chef? We’re looking for experienced sousperstars to join our popular Jacks venues in the world-famous ski-resorts: Les Menuires and Meribel in the 3 Valleys.
The Jacks brand was born 4 years ago in Meribel and during this short space of time (either side of a global pandemic) it has become the valley’s premiere spot with live music, homemade food and drinks served non-stop! Our newest venue will be located at the foot of the pistes in the La Croisette area of Les Menuires and hit the exact same spots. Our food is big, bold and full of flavour with influences from all corners of the world. Homemade is core to the offering, from our homemade sourdough pizza bases to our burger buns, chips, sauces and beyond. Jacks does it all and does it well.
Our sous chefs will act as the second in command in our kitchens, supporting and creating alongside our head chef. This will include helping in the preparation, planning & set-up of the season, management of the kitchen and staff during the winter season and the close-down. You will be happy to take direction and work collaboratively with your Head Chef and Executive Chef and lead a kitchen team of talented professionals.
The sous chef will be responsible for making sure that Jacks is an exciting place where customers have a great time and enjoy the fantastic food delivered by a highly motivated and professional team of bar staff and chefs.
Read on to learn more about your day-to-day responsibilities with our venue. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Sous Chef Responsibilities
- Deliver a product in line with the values / standards of the venue / brand
- Menu creation and planning of all dishes alongside Exec Chef and Head Chef
- Assume the role as Head Chef in his or her absence
- Day to day management, training, and development of staff
- Operate the venue to high standard of health & hygiene, and manage all legal, health & safety issues
- Management of the ordering process from start to finish inc paper flow and supplier comms
- To review processes to ensure cost effectiveness across the venue
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
Sous Chef Must-haves
- A love for the mountains - skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking just to name a few of our own loves!
- Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate kitchen staff
- Good communication and organisation skills
- A chef who is passionate about food, with a creative flair
- Capacity to learn and grow further